Oatmeal Muffins with a side of Fruit
- Flour/pancake mix
- 1 egg
- Whole milk
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Stick of butter
- Baking powder
- Chia seeds
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Blue berries
- Cut up strawberries
- Whole milk: rich in vitamin D
- Vitamin D is easily obtained through sunlight, however people with darker skin have a harder obtaining it.
- Vitamin D functions as a hormone which exerts its influences all over your body with teeth, digestion, bone strength, kidney health.
- Bone density begins to decline after the age of 30, so drink as much milk as possible while your young!!!
- Chai Seeds: rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, and calcium
- Chia seeds are a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids that cannot be made by the body.
- Oatmeal: is a great source of fiber
- Fiber is not digestible by humans, fiber is digested a little by the bacteria in your colon and it is used to help you use the bathroom.
- Strawberries and Blueberries
- Eating fruit at breakfast also helps you to meet the USDA’s (United States Department of Agriculture) recommendation for five servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
- Fruit provides vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C and potassium.
- The vitamins and minerals help your body function properly and can help prevent certain diseases and health condition.